An honest reflection of me- in fragments. Imperfect- Grace Covered. Balance. Mom. Wife.
Nurse. Homeschool Teacher. Christ follower first. Second changes. Thankful.

The Hand That Holds

Thursday, June 5, 2014


Twisting hair into braids 



Pouring the morning cup 



Interlocked - connecting one to another



Hands
The rough texture of his is familiar and comforting, always open and ready to hold mine
Or the way she takes her little version of mine, painted nails, soft skin, and lets me lead her
Or how on mine I write His Word



Because, somedays I know I won't want to keep going
And because everyday I need it
I need Him
When I am afraid, unsure, and feel myself sinking
Busy is easy
But I find my hands are strongest when they're still
Joined with his  
Folded in prayer




I need to remember when it's easy and when it's hard 
- It's HIS hand that holds me

"I will strengthen you and help you; I will hold you up with my righteous right hand"
- Isaiah 41:10

And so when He asks me to use my hands to glorify Him
To write the note
To twist hair into braids
To change diapers
To pour the coffee and pack the pb&j for the 8,965th time
To give and serve those in need
To raise in worship
To lead 
To hold onto another

I can 
I will
Because He is holding me
No task too small
No task too big
For these hands
This life
Is held up 
And Strengthened
By His Righteous Hand



Linking up with Lisa Jo Baker and Five Minute Friday and on twitter at #fmfparty
Tonight's prompt - Hands
Share this Post Share to Facebook Share to Twitter Email This Pin This Share on Google Plus Share on Tumblr

8 comments:

Paula said...

You write beautifully!

bluecottonmemory said...

Every word image resonates! I love your word art written on your feet - and did you do the espresso art? I want to learn to do that to - but it's so true - but the best line - " But I find my hands are strongest when they're still
Joined with his
Folded in prayer"
Yes - exactly, perfectly!

Unknown said...

It's His hands that hold me! Yes! Beautiful post xoxox

JamieLGunn said...

Paula - Thank you! Happy Friday, thanks for stopping by.

JamieLGunn said...

Any time I run a race (this time was for a triathlon) I put his words on me as a visual reminder to keep going! I'd like to claim the coffee art, but that was a coffeehouse day, I want to learn how too. Thanks for stopping by - happy prayerful Friday!

JamieLGunn said...

A simple reminder that means so much to me daily! Thanks for stopping by Jennifer!

Divorce Diabetes said...

Unfortunately my computer could only load your first picture. But your devotion to your faith in God is breathtaking. So glad that you put yourself out there not trying to appeal to the ways of the world. Even I worry that I'm putting too much faith-based content on my blog that will alienate non-Christian readers. I'm stuck in that regard. But, I still keep my heart for God.

JamieLGunn said...

Thanks for stopping by Meredith! Keep Him in your heart as first, and King and the rest will be as He wants!




Favorite Reflections