An honest reflection of me- in fragments. Imperfect- Grace Covered. Balance. Mom. Wife.
Nurse. Homeschool Teacher. Christ follower first. Second changes. Thankful.

Playlist

Monday, September 21, 2009

I turn the key, and the car engine hums
My hand reaches to turn on my playlist and
PAUSE
Listen to the quiet around me, look at the detail of the trees
Take in the clouds and the wonder of a rain-drop as it drips onto the windshield
FEEL
Turn on KLove Instead (97.3)
HEAR
God's Playlist for me...
"all I need I found, finally, at the end of me"
"How great is our God"
David Crowder's "How He Loves"
And I cried as I worshiped
TRUTH
Again, it's not about me....it's about living to bring glory to God
And on this day, when I'm stressed about flying, tormented and wrestling with what I'm supposed to do, how work fits into my life
PEACE
I am His,
Held in His hands and made for His purpose
I have been given the blessing of two children to teach and bring up to know Him
VISION
The smiling face of my 4-year old birthday boy, eagerly awaiting my return home
The sweet sound of "mmmmm-waaah" as beautiful Charlie kisses me goodbye
A cluttered dinning room table...Cinnamon pancakes, a happy birthday plate, eggs and bacon, markers, drawing tablets, Chutes & Ladders
The husband who took my face in his hands and kissed me goodbye, the same man who lovingly clasped his hands in mine and prayed over me last night.
CIRCUMSTANCES
Thunderstorms all across the mid-west
A delayed flight and opportunity to cancel my audit and reschedule for another day
Driving home with such joy
Rain falling all around me like the blessings of my life
Share this Post Share to Facebook Share to Twitter Email This Pin This Share on Google Plus Share on Tumblr

No comments:




Favorite Reflections