An honest reflection of me- in fragments. Imperfect- Grace Covered. Balance. Mom. Wife.
Nurse. Homeschool Teacher. Christ follower first. Second changes. Thankful.

Just Wait...

Thursday, January 29, 2015


"Just wait till you have kids" she would say...never irritated or sarcastic, but enough times that I remembered it 
An honest plea from the depth of her anytime we teased about her worrying heart, or their rules
Just wait
And in the middle of life my waiting happened
And I understand
I grasp what it feels like to have a piece of your heart living outside your body, outside your control, outside your will
Love is full of waiting
Waiting through the pain of their arrival 
And for curfews
Waiting for exhaustion to end while meeting their every need 
And for maturity
Waiting on them to see right, and grasp the love in obedience
And for manners
Waiting through silence, needing them to speak their heart
And for celebrations
Love is patient
And I'm so glad she taught me how to wait







Five Minute Friday - 4

Linking up with the
Five Minute Friday writers over at
katemotaung.com

Share this Post Share to Facebook Share to Twitter Email This Pin This Share on Google Plus Share on Tumblr

4 comments:

martha brady said...

hi jamie:)
nice to meet you. i see we were both thinking about raising children when we wrote our posts.

i also see that we share being nurses in common. i retired in 2013 when we moved to AL.

i love your post. especially the part about a piece of your heart living outside your body, outside your control...

2 of our 3 daughters are now in their 40's. the 3rd is only a couple of years away. but still we watch and feel that sense of being out of control at times. and needing to wait and let GOD do His work.

Andrew said...

Hi, I'm here from FMF. Don't have kids (my wife had a hysterectomy, and I have very severe combat trauma, plus, now, pancreatic cancer), but we have a sanctuary for unwanted an abandoned dogs.

I know something about having a piece of one's heart outside one's body. With PTSD, my heart was ripped away, and these guys, these tail-wagging innocents, are that heart reanimated, and restored.

http://blessed-are-the-pure-of-heart.blogspot.com/2015/01/dont-speak-just-wait-five-minute-friday.html

jviola79 said...

I enjoyed your post very much. There is truth in this - - we are taught how to wait. At a time when it seems society makes it so easy to get what we want when we want it, may we be faithful to teaching our children the discipline of waiting. Much wisdom in this! Glad I visited from #fmfparty this morning :)

Marie said...

Lovely post! I don't have kids but I know more than one mama who describes parenting just this way. Thank you for loving your kiddos well!




Favorite Reflections