An honest reflection of me- in fragments. Imperfect- Grace Covered. Balance. Mom. Wife.
Nurse. Homeschool Teacher. Christ follower first. Second changes. Thankful.

Authentic?

Wednesday, November 21, 2012


I was invited, probably like everyone else who has a .blogspot account, to join a new blogging platform site.  
Storylane
Before jumping into this unknown world I did some Internet exploring
And happened on this quote- "Linking my accounts and attaching my full name is not the way to achieve authenticity from me at least.  And it’s also a little insulting that they assume your real name is your real identity. It’s the 21st century. We’re all living on the internet. Identity has gotten a lot more complicated."  Posted by handle "Onehandclap" (what does that handle stand for anyway, is it supposed to be ironic?)
SAD
Is this real life?
Do people float through life as one person and mascarade as another online?
How can you live authentically if you're lying about something as simple as your name?
Being authentic is 
Saying what you mean
Meaning what you say
Living out loud
In a way that represents your beliefs
Identity is only as complicated as you let it be
And todays culture is way too wrapped up in self-discovery
If only we could lay ourselves down for a second
Understand its not about me,
And
Seek God
There you'll find 
Identity
Truth
Purpose 
And Life
Easy for me to see at 30, and something I wish I would have grasped at 15
Its a beautiful lie, that deceit is a great escape, 
You will escape, and before you know it 
You're life is not your own, but belongs to the lie
Tell yourself the truth 
And when you can't,
Be living the kind of authentic life that holds real flesh and blood people
Who will


Share this Post Share to Facebook Share to Twitter Email This Pin This Share on Google Plus Share on Tumblr

No comments:




Favorite Reflections