An honest reflection of me- in fragments. Imperfect- Grace Covered. Balance. Mom. Wife.
Nurse. Homeschool Teacher. Christ follower first. Second changes. Thankful.

What is The Bible?

Wednesday, January 25, 2017



It's revelation through story, poetry, prophecy and fulfillment
Filled with stories of war, glory, love, sorrow, faith and God
The summation of lives that
Followed Him and Hurt Him
Doubted Him, Experienced His presence
Trusted Him
Betrayed and Disobeyed
Ran away from Him and Hid from Him
Stories of Obedience and Honor
Felt His disappointment and judgment

When I read a book, I find myself there

But this book is not always an easy place to be
It's a mirror
Showing a reflection of the heart
My heart bleeds brokenness and need
But this book
Is also a window into the heart of its author
A heart that is unlike mine, in that it is perfect
And He pens His heart as a letter of love
From a Father to His child

A poem of transparency on humanity and the human condition
And it's here I find myself,
A human, struggling with the human condition
Learning how to love, listen to, and be lead by God
Looking into the mirror, looking into the eyes of God
Plainly seeing all that I am and all that I am not
Not fully understanding what He sees in me, but knowing He sees me
Assured in His knowing, because this book He's given me tells me He's good
He's patient with me
Leading me when I try to walk the other way
Teaching me to trust Him, putting my broken pieces together from the inside out
Reminding me of His words
Of The Word
Who came to be life and light and change my reflection from brokenness and need to one of beauty and redemption

And so I find myself here
A child
Redeemed
Reading His words
Not fully grasping all that He is
But In love with Him just the same




Share this Post Share to Facebook Share to Twitter Email This Pin This Share on Google Plus Share on Tumblr

No comments:




Favorite Reflections