An honest reflection of me- in fragments. Imperfect- Grace Covered. Balance. Mom. Wife.
Nurse. Homeschool Teacher. Christ follower first. Second changes. Thankful.

It's Not Fair

Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Broken hearted
She sobbed
And screamed
Hurling her body to the cold floor
A heap of hysteria
Limp
Cradled by her mother
But refusing comfort

There was nothing more we could do
Our hearts ached for them
We held back tears
We worked tirelessly to give them support, even hope

But, it was her brother
It was their son
And they had to tell him goodbye
They didn't plan on today
And she was right
It wasn't fair

But this life
It's not fair

And I wrestled
If He knit us together in our mothers wombs
Why would He knit in imperfection?
But I felt a peace
And the Word spoke to me
"'For my thought are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways' -declares The Lord.  As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts higher than your thoughts." (Isaiah 55:8-9)
So I praised Him
For being sovereign
Being present
Giving me hope

And I whispered a prayer of comfort for her
Believing that her brother was at peace
Cradled in the arms of Jesus
No more imperfection
But perfectly whole

This life isn't fair
But with Jesus it is worth living
Seeking
Trusting
Obeying
Loving
Praying
Forgiving






Share this Post Share to Facebook Share to Twitter Email This Pin This Share on Google Plus Share on Tumblr

No comments:




Favorite Reflections