An honest reflection of me- in fragments. Imperfect- Grace Covered. Balance. Mom. Wife.
Nurse. Homeschool Teacher. Christ follower first. Second changes. Thankful.

Courage

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

My eyes scanned the words
Full of
Hate
Ignorance
Contempt
And Fear disguised as pride and disdain

As my lips formed each name
I watched his heart break
A role call of the lost

Amidst the blinding fog of hostility
How do you shine
Courage
"For God, who said 'let light shine out of darkness,' made His light to shine in our hearts to give us the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Christ." - 2 Corinthians 4:6

When a cloak of slander threatens to envelope
How do you hope
Courage
"'If the world hates you, keep in mind it hated me first...Remember the words I spoke to you; No servant is greater than his master.  If they persecuted me, they will persecute you also.'"

As worldly knowledge challenges and confronts
How do you believe
Courage
"Now it is required that those given a trust must prove faithful." 1 Corinthians 4:2

And when the darkness of hate clouds the light
How do you love
Courage
"But God demonstrates His own love for us in this; While we were still sinners, Christ died for us." Romans 5:8

It takes no courage to tear down
Belief in inconsistent worldly truth is still faith
There is no risk in fitting-in

Love builds up
Belief in an unchanging truth is a faith that matters
And the risk of giving yourself wholly to something bigger than you
Is worth it

"The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge, but fools despise wisdom and discipline." Proverbs 1:7

"Do not be surprised, my brothers, if the world hates you." 1 John 3:13

"Have I not commanded you, Be strong and courageous, do not be discouraged, do not be terrified for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go." Joshua 1:9

"Greater is HE that is in you than he that is in the world."1 John 4:4b

"I have told you these things, so in me you may have peace.  In this world you will have trouble, but take heart! I have overcome the world." John 16:33

For the love of hope, risking it all, standing in love under persecution, my husband, and FCA
Me




Share this Post Share to Facebook Share to Twitter Email This Pin This Share on Google Plus Share on Tumblr

No comments:




Favorite Reflections