An honest reflection of me- in fragments. Imperfect- Grace Covered. Balance. Mom. Wife.
Nurse. Homeschool Teacher. Christ follower first. Second changes. Thankful.

Memories

Sunday, December 20, 2009

I want to remember
How Charlie looked while standing in her chair today at Mawna's to perform:
"I have a little turtle, his name is tiny Tim
I put him in the bathtub to see if he could swim
He drank up all the water, he ate up all the soap
And now he's home sick in bed with bubbles in his throat
Pop-Pop-Pop!"

How her hands scooped the air and her body swayed with the motions.
How she smiled with pride
How we clapped for her
How much joy she brings me!

I want to remember the glow that illuminated Ethan's face as he described the"great adventures" he had outside with Jacob.
Exploring the fields, jumping the creek, climbing in the tractors, rummaging through the barns.
How he hugged me, nestling his cool cheek into my neck
How much he appreciates nature
What a caring big-brother he is

I want to remember the faces of my grandparents
They seem older than I remember them, but they radiate joy and pride in their family
I want to remember the legacy they have started
I want to continue it
I want to remember how grandpa cares for Mawna and how she respects him
I want to remember how Jacob wrapped his arms around me and held me tight
Share this Post Share to Facebook Share to Twitter Email This Pin This Share on Google Plus Share on Tumblr

No comments:




Favorite Reflections