An honest reflection of me- in fragments. Imperfect- Grace Covered. Balance. Mom. Wife.
Nurse. Homeschool Teacher. Christ follower first. Second changes. Thankful.

Katy Perry

Wednesday, January 29, 2014


Last night I cried for her
Beautiful, Talented, Influential




They say she "sold her soul to the devil"
She said she was going to "cast a spell"

And I cried
Because he is real
And he can offer the world
Fame
Power
Money
Splendor
All of the world is his to give
And when he is done with her
When she no longer benefits him
He doesn't care about her

He doesn't care

And so I cried.
I cried because she is filled with fleeting, empty things
I cried because he is using her
I cried for the world that she influences
For the girls who will entertain the idea that devil worship is just another step toward cultural popularity
Like coloring your hair blue, "finding yourself", or being hipster
I cried for the world that will only continue to get worse
And for choosing to bring children into it


I didn't cry out of fear
I am not afraid of the devil
Because he's already beaten
And all he can offer is the world

This world is temporary

We are not


So the question is - what are you living for?

Or maybe there's a better question to be asked - who are you living for?



Share this Post Share to Facebook Share to Twitter Email This Pin This Share on Google Plus Share on Tumblr

1 comment:

Mary Jean said...

Jamie, thanks thanks for sharing your heart--we all sure do not to cry for our country, the kiddos, the government and for families. So thankful the Word says our Lord hears our crying. At times I say "even so come Lord Jesus" other times I want Him to wait as I have many friends and some family that need to see how wonderful His is. thanks God bless.




Favorite Reflections