An honest reflection of me- in fragments. Imperfect- Grace Covered. Balance. Mom. Wife.
Nurse. Homeschool Teacher. Christ follower first. Second changes. Thankful.

Coupon-ing

Monday, December 9, 2013

The mini-me's and I were talking about coupon-ing.
Since when did the practice of redeeming coupons become it's own verb?
Anyway.
We can save 40% at Michaels on craft stuff for the cousins,
$25 off at Macy's - maybe this will be the year I find boots,
Another $10 savings at ToysRUs for stocking stuffers
CVS offers us $3 off because of all the antibiotics we've been downing.

But the coupon by itself is virtually worthless, a meager 1/100 of one cent.
Though a penny saved is a penny earned, there is not a single store who will or can offer you that 1/100 of a cent?
And my big thinker asked - so why do they give it a value if it isn't really worth anything?
-Good question

The coupon's worth is recognized only when redeemed.
And then I saw my life.
All our lives.
Coupons.
Circulating in this world, surrounded by others and striving for lives of merit.
Without redemption, we are a piece of print, holding the promise of great value and purpose but void of significance.
We can only find value when our life is redeemed by our maker.

There a pieces of me that feel less valuable than 1/100 of a cent.
There are days I feel inadequate, even worthless.
Unfit for anything or anyone.
But if I pause to listen, 
Block out the lies that have penetrated for too long
When I let myself hear the truth 
Truth, from the One who made me, the One who knows my potential, the One who gives me value, the One who waits patiently on me, the One who gives me more grace, the One who has a plan for my life
I hear Him say
"You are valuable.  You are Mine.  A daughter of the King.  Irrevocably adopted.
REDEEMED through the blood of My Son.
An act that can never be undone."

And I believe Him.

So what's your life worth?
Are you ready to feel valued, because to Him you're worth more than you can imagine.
He's not dying to know you.
He already knows you.
And He already died, one time, for everyone, for every sin, for our redemption.
Now He's just patiently waiting.
Waiting, for you to turn yourself in.

Share this Post Share to Facebook Share to Twitter Email This Pin This Share on Google Plus Share on Tumblr

1 comment:

Mary Jean said...

Amen thanks Jamie---May you all have a blessed Christmas.




Favorite Reflections