An honest reflection of me- in fragments. Imperfect- Grace Covered. Balance. Mom. Wife.
Nurse. Homeschool Teacher. Christ follower first. Second changes. Thankful.

Reality

Tuesday, October 29, 2013

If I told you I believed in Heaven
A place filled with perfection
Filled with the presence of God, Jesus and all His angels
A place I long for
A place I will be just as I am minus the slips, falls and imperfections
A place I fit NOT because of me
But because I am covered in the perfect sacrifice and redemption of Jesus

What would you say?

If I told you I believe the Bible is true
It's Words are life
It is itself alive and active
It is relevant
That it would be written exactly the same today as it was then
It is a weapon for us to use against the devil
And it's a letter from our Creator to us - for the revelation of His character, love, grace, and our purpose

Would you agree?

If I said that Hell is a real place
A place of eternal darkness, despair and anger
A place where the hope of forgiveness, redemption and relationship with God is forever lost
A place where the devil reigns,
That the devil is real and so are his demons
That hell is a place that the devil wants you to believe isn't real

How would you respond?

What if I told you these three things, Heaven, Hell and The Bible, will endure
Longer than this life - for they were before us and go on without us
For all of eternity
Unchanging - except for those that find citizenship there daily.
This is my reality.
But it's not just mine - it is reality
It is reality that so many choose to deny

"It is funny how mortals always picture us as putting things into their minds: in reality our best work is done by keeping things out.” 
― C.S. Lewis, The Screwtape Letters

For the Love of reality checks, truth, and striving to live in the power of eternal reality,
Me 
Share this Post Share to Facebook Share to Twitter Email This Pin This Share on Google Plus Share on Tumblr

No comments:




Favorite Reflections