An honest reflection of me- in fragments. Imperfect- Grace Covered. Balance. Mom. Wife.
Nurse. Homeschool Teacher. Christ follower first. Second changes. Thankful.

Charlie Grace

Thursday, January 14, 2010


My beautiful daughter


Your birthday letter is overdue
3-years has passed since you were given to us and
I remember life with you in stages :


First : A beautiful baby girl with loads of dark black hair that stood straight up
You stole my heart and had your daddy wrapped around your finger at first sight
But you had an unhappy at times inconsolable disposition
You didn't like to cuddle, how I wished you did
And it wasn't until 7 months you slept through the night

Second : At 9 1/2 months you started walking and I realized much of your unhappiness was simply a lack of independence
You spoke early, but when the right words couldn't be found your most readily used form of communication was crying, how I hate it when you cry

Third : An independent motivated toddler, striving to keep up with your big-brother
Running, talking, playing, making friends
Oh and TV - you love to watch TV, it is possibly the only time you're still

Now : A still beautiful, preschooler with long brown hair and light blue eyes that sparkle
You love to pretend; princess, babies, mommy, and cooking with the occasional monster or "bad-guy" all with your brother who's your best friend
You ask why or what's that mean mommy -- a lot!
You transition to new situations, classrooms with ease and while it's hard for me to let you go sometimes it's nice to know you're comfortable and secure
You love your sleep, and you miss binki
You love to cuddle now - and this make me so very happy
You give the best hugs and I love coming home to your sweet voice calling "Maaaawmmeeee"



I want to remember:
When you want to be picked up you ask "Mommy can I hold you"

Everything is "SO..."
"Mommy, I love you so much!" or "I'm so tired" or "I'm not so tired"

How you love to sing and dance

You got teary eyed watching Brooke at her dance recital, because you wanted to dance too. You will start ballett in February :)

How you hug me






Share this Post Share to Facebook Share to Twitter Email This Pin This Share on Google Plus Share on Tumblr

No comments:




Favorite Reflections