An honest reflection of me- in fragments. Imperfect- Grace Covered. Balance. Mom. Wife.
Nurse. Homeschool Teacher. Christ follower first. Second changes. Thankful.

Dear Valentine

Monday, February 21, 2011

Everyday I get your love in works, the sweet fragrance of sacrifice exceeds even the sweetest rose
Everyday I get your love in supportive words, more beautiful than a blooming bud
Everyday...
A goodbye kiss to my sleepy lips before the sun has risen,
An empty dishwasher
A peaceful house prepped for a sleepy Saturday, and happy kids after an adventure with dad
Clean laundry neatly folded or inside closets hung
An empty trash can with fresh liner
Arms wrapped around me in a grip that says I'm yours
A text to say I miss you as I pull out of the driveway for work
A budget focused on being debt free with some wiggle room for fun
Your thoughts turned words penned on colleged ruled lines
A plate of pancakes with a side of french pressed coffee
Must see TV watched under covers with arms intertwined
A complimentary thank you for dinner even if it's PB&J

Now, a dozen red roses is never wrong,
But I'd trade them all to keep us just the way we are.
Because we don't need a "day" to say I love you
Happy everyday and forever
I  love us Valentine
Share this Post Share to Facebook Share to Twitter Email This Pin This Share on Google Plus Share on Tumblr

No comments:




Favorite Reflections