An honest reflection of me- in fragments. Imperfect- Grace Covered. Balance. Mom. Wife.
Nurse. Homeschool Teacher. Christ follower first. Second changes. Thankful.

Airport

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Conspicuously open seats between patiently waiting travelers
Couples sit together, but headphones and books separate
I pods - shuffling
Cells phones - texting, talking, organizing and emailing
Lap tops - typing, googling, working, blogging
Business dress, business-casual, casual, pajamas
TV's on reporting the latest world news; election protests in another place, new-health plan proposal, US budget mess, DOW and stock progress
A group of teens huddle together - laughing, smiling and carefree as they await their impending journey
And here I sit, in the middle of the media-overload
An open seat between me and the woman quietly working on her blackberry
My foot tapping as "Fix You" by Coldplay creates a quiet soundtrack in my head
And although we share this space, we don't share
My heart cries out; Are you OK, are you happy, are you burdened, are you hurting?
I can't fix you - but I know who can...
Share this Post Share to Facebook Share to Twitter Email This Pin This Share on Google Plus Share on Tumblr

No comments:




Favorite Reflections