An honest reflection of me- in fragments. Imperfect- Grace Covered. Balance. Mom. Wife.
Nurse. Homeschool Teacher. Christ follower first. Second changes. Thankful.

Falling Out Of Love

Tuesday, April 1, 2014


With him,
I felt more
Wanted more 
Was more
And yet 
I was, completely myself
Without a doubt I loved him

In a whirlwind of words
Distance didn't feel so far
Day slipped into night
Unknown became known 
In Laughter
In Dreams
In Hopes
In Love

But I waited for it to end
Gripped
Bound
Chained 
By insecurities and secrets
Because 
If he knew
He wouldn't want me

I was
Unworthy 
Imperfect
Disgraceful
My insides wrenched with guilt
But I didn't want to hide
Because I loved him

My heart a broken barrier
The words escaped
Hurt abandoned
Secrets unbound
Breath arrested
I waited for him to let me go

But he didn't
Instead "I forgive you" echoed in my ear
And salty tears washed away the overwhelming sense of unwant 

Unchained
Forgiven
Still unworthy and imperfect
But covered in Grace
Covered in Love

It was then I fell out of love
With the idea of "love"
Love is not flowers, and chocolate
A fancy dress, heels and dinner
It is not lust or desire
It's self-less and accepting
It's forgiving, when forgiveness is least deserved
It's kind and humble
It's patient
It protects you, and it's worth protecting
Love it trustworthy and requires your trust
It's fills you with hope and it's hopeful
It's strong
And it perseveres 
Through secrets
Through sin
Through imperfection
Because LOVE - true love - never fails


Share this Post Share to Facebook Share to Twitter Email This Pin This Share on Google Plus Share on Tumblr

No comments:




Favorite Reflections